Who’s up for a bit of fun? We’re having a go at running a Bingo session with a difference as part of ERIC North East’s 10th year birthday celebrations.
The plan is you can enter by sending in up to 20 of your own original new records using the what3words location finder as the location reference for your observations. Your records need to be made between Monday 9th November and up to and including Monday 23 November, but must be submitted by midnight on Monday 23 November 2020. The “Bingo” will take place on Facebook Live at 7.30pm on Saturday 28 November.
Please return the forms electronically, a photo of the completed pdf is fine too. Send your form in to email@example.com. Sorry we can’t take postal entries at this time as we are mostly working from home.
We will put the individual what3words from your records into a hat, or a metaphorical hat, and at 7.30pm on Saturday 28 November on Facebook Live we will pick out a certain number of words and you will check them off on a copy of your own sheet. The person with the most words will win first prize. If there is a tie, we will move to sudden death!
If you’re not familiar with what3words you can still submit records but you would need to give us a 10–figure grid reference for your observations and we would convert it to the what3words reference and send it back to you so you can join in on the 28 November.
Have a look here to find out more about what3words:
N.B. CLOSING DATE for entry is midnight Monday 23 November.
Remember records of ANY species are good. Check out what’s going on in your garden, local streets or park. If you go further afield and spot rarer things, that’s great too, but ALL records are valuable.
Terms and conditions:
- The competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
- Employees or agencies of Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums or ERIC NE board members may not enter the competition.
- Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. To enter the competition you must either submit records via the What 3 Words (W3W) Bingo.
- If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
- A maximum of 20 records per person for the bingo.
- The Competition opens on Monday 23rd November and closes midnight 9th November. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
- The winner of the recording portal drawer will be chosen from a random draw of entries. The W3W bingo winner will be determined via draw on Saturday 28th November
- If a winner does not respond to Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums within 7 days of being notified by Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the phone call or email from GNM within 7 days or else they will also forfeit their prize).
- The prize is non-exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- No purchase necessary.
- Tyne & Wear Archives & Museumsfurther disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the competition.
- Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. The decision of GNM in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums, Discovery Museum, Blandford Square, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4JA